How do I appoint an agent (someone to represent me), if I need one?

If you do not want to have contact with the Correctional Service of Canada but you do want to receive information about the offender, you can request in writing that the information be given to an agent – someone such as a lawyer, family friend, social worker, or police officer. You need to provide the name, address and phone number of that person.

Mennonite Central Committee Canada. (2011). Getting through the maze: A guidebook for survivors of homicide.

Was this article helpful?