If a victim does not want to directly receive information about an offender, but still wants to exercise their participation rights, what can they do?

You may designate a representative to receive your offender-related information, including the offender's photo, on your behalf.  

You must advise CSC and PBC of the representative's contact information. The representative can forward statements that you have written, but cannot submit statements for consideration in their own name.

This information was gathered directly from Correctional Service Canada. For more information, please visit https://www.csc-scc.gc.ca/victims/003006-1003-eng.shtml

Was this article helpful?